Are you tired of your nasty looking lawn? 90% of the time we can make your lawn look outstanding by doing a simple low-cost renovation called re-seeding. Some of the symptoms to look for which definitely mean your lawn needs reseeding:
When we reseed your lawn, it is a 5-step process done with our heavy equipment, and comes with our 90-day reseed guarantee. It is possible to DIY as well, if you have the time and inclination:
1. Mow it low or scalp, as necessary.
2. Power de-thatch, (“rake”) to remove built up dead grasses underneath the healthy grass, and to prepare the soil for seed.
3. Aerate, or plug holes, into the prepped areas. This provides better water & nutrient absorption for the new seed and the older, healthy grasses.
4. Generously broadcast your particular blend of seed on the prepared area.
5. Top the seed with organic compost which will protect the seed from birds and weather, and which will feed the new grasses as they grow.
The absolute best time to reseed in Contra Costa County is late fall or mid-spring, while the temperatures are mild. However, since it’s a strange weather year, the time is NOW. We can help!